– University of Mississippi School of Law
– University of Mississippi
– New York
– U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi
– U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi
– U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
– U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
– U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Hanson Horn is a partner in The Cook Group’s New York City and Fort Lauderdale office where his practice focuses on general civil defense litigation, including insurance defense, product liability, toxic tort, property and casualty litigation, environmental claims, premises liability, business disputes, and advisory work. Mr. Horn has served as lead trial counsel and tried cases to verdict in New York, Florida and Mississippi including at both the state and federal level. He has also successfully briefed and argued appellate matters involving premises liability and construction defect before the appellate courts of both Mississippi and Florida.
Prior to joining The Cook Group, Hanson worked at a prominent defense firm in New York City and south Florida and was a partner with a well-renowned defense firm based in New Orleans and the Mississippi gulf coast where he defended companies in federal and state court in a variety of matters including toxic tort, workers’ compensation, medical malpractice, municipal liability, and commercial litigation defense.
Mr. Horn has also served in an advisory capacity counseling clients on a variety of employment related matters including the Affordable Care Act, handbook policies, non-compete, overtime, and safety matters. He also served as part of a team and attorney of record that litigated and ultimately negotiated a nine-figure settlement on behalf of a county owned hospital system as well as its CEO and Directors in their individual capacity in a complex class action filed by employees, specifically members of the pension program, alleging claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, negligence, breach of contract under ERISA and violation of state fiduciary laws.
In addition, Mr. Horn is currently a member of the New York City Bar Product’s Liability Committee, and a past president of the Jackson County Bar Association, United Way Campaign Cabinet Member, Kiwanis Club Board Member, and City of Pascagoula Strategic Planning Steering Committee Member.
- Arer Invs., LLC v. Chateau Beach, LLC, 2018 WL 6119200 (Fla. 3d DCA 2018).
- Jones v. Singing River Health Servs. Found., No. 1:14CV447-LG-RHW, 2016 WL 3580778 (S.D. Miss. June 28, 2016).
- Buckley v. Singing River Hosp., 146 So. 3d 365 (Miss. Ct. App. 2013).
- Maas v. City of Ocean Springs, Miss., No. 1:11CV287LG-RHW, 2012 WL 2603620 (S.D. Miss. 2012).
New York City
115 Broadway, Suite 1602
New York, New York 10006
300 International Drive, Suite 100
Buffalo, New York 14221
701 Market Street, Suite 1225
St. Louis, MO 63101
125 S Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60603
4737 N. Ocean Drive, Suite 208
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form: