– The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, magna cum laude
– West Virginia University
– North Carolina
– West Virginia
– United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
– United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
– United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
– United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
– United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
– United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Janna Nuzum is a Founding Partner and national trial attorney based in the Florida office of The Cook Group. Janna has dedicated her legal career to the defense of corporate clients in courtrooms across the country. A tenacious trial attorney, Janna has extensive experience in “bet the company” litigation in the defense of products liability, class actions, toxic torts and mass torts cases. She has represented clients in the asbestos, talc, benzene, tobacco, coal, chemical, pharmaceutical, petroleum, heavy machinery, medical device and hospitality industries. She has significant litigation experience ranging from class actions to complex commercial litigation to First Amendment cases.
Prior to joining The Cook Group, Janna was a Partner at a national law firm and served for over seven years on the national trial team for a major Fortune 500 company engaged in high-profile litigation. She has tried products liability cases across the country including in some of the top “judicial hellholes” for defendants such as New York, West Virginia, Illinois (Cook and Madison counties), Pennsylvania, Louisiana, California and Florida. She recently obtained a defense verdict for a manufacturing client in the New York City Asbestos Litigation (NYCAL).
As a former in-house counsel, she understands that every client has a different objective when faced with litigation. With that perspective, she uses her background in crisis communications, policy and public affairs, combined with her legal acumen to create innovative and individually tailored legal strategies to help clients achieve success in the courtroom, as well as in the court of public opinion.
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form: