– State University of New York Stony Brook, B.A. 1984
– Nova University Law Center, J.D. 1987
– State of New York
– U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
– U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Professional and Civic Affiliations
– Nassau County Bar Association
– New York State Bar Association
Michele Mittleman is Counsel in The Cook Group’s New York office. Michele has specialized in all aspects of insurance defense for over (30) years. She began her career as in- house counsel for Travelers Insurance, and later defended the interests of the insureds of numerous carriers. She has also represented plaintiffs in a wide range of premise, general, automotive and commercial litigation matters. She has extensive experience in the area of toxic torts, including asbestos, vigorously defending manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers. She is experienced in both federal and state courts.
Prior to joining the Cook Law Group, Ms. Mittleman was a partner at a large law firm representing clients in numerous state and federal jurisdictions, and personally managed the Upstate New York office while defending multi-million dollar cases pending on the NYCAL docket.
Significant Recent Engagements:
- Spearheaded the National Counsel Team overseeing thousands of matters in the MDL and NYCAL asbestos litigation.
- Personally handled thousands of depositions in the areas of toxic tort, premise, auto and general liability, and commercial litigation.
- Represented, defended, and negotiated successful settlements and dismissals on behalf of product manufacturers, premise owners, suppliers and contractors.
Significant pro bono work, including advocating for Superstorm Sandy victims seeking redress from FEMA and New York State grant programs.
New York City
115 Broadway, Suite 1602
New York, New York 10006
300 International Drive, Suite 100
Buffalo, New York 14221
701 Market Street, Suite 1225
St. Louis, MO 63101
121 W Wacker, Suite 1400
Chicago, IL 60603
4737 N. Ocean Drive, Suite 208
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form: