– New York
– New Jersey
Speeches & Appearances
– PERRIN NY State Asbestos Conferences 2010-2019
– Upstate Asbestos Summit 2015-2019
– Legal Commentator for CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, Court TV, and Fox 5 News New York, 1999 – Present
– Host, “Legally Speaking,” Nationally Syndicated Radio Show, 2002-2004
– Attorney, “Power of Attorney,” 20th Century Fox Television Series, 1999-2001
– United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
– United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Gary Casimir is a founding Partner of The Cook Group and is based in the firm’s New York City office. Gary is actively engaged in defending and trying toxic torts, product liability, and complex commercial transactional related disputes as well as real estate transactional work. He was previously a Partner at a top New York law firm and counsel at one of the largest international law firms in the world. He started his legal career as a prosecutor for the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office.
Gary has over 21 years of experience representing Fortune 500 companies in complex product liability and multiparty mass tort litigation. He handles these cases from discovery through trial. His clients include premises owners, manufacturers, and distributors of consumer and intermediary goods and equipment, including building and construction materials, mechanical equipment, and heating equipment. He has also advised clients on a variety of commercial, banking, real estate, and criminal matters, including commercial litigations, corporate transactions, contract enforcement and defense, foreclosures, white collar defense, and governmental investigations.
Gary frequently speaks on cutting edge legal issues and has served as court-appointed defense liaison counsel representing over 100 defense firms and assisting the court in managing hundreds of asbestos cases. He is a member of the American Bar Association, The New York City Bar Association, New York City Association of Black Partners & General Counsel. Metropolitan Black Bar Association and the National Association of Black Prosecutors.
For any general inquiries, please fill in the following contact form: